This newsletter issue includes:
- Trends in Functional Foods Forum
- New Advisory Role with DianaPlantSciences
- Watch for My Article on Enzymes in “Natural Products Insider”
- Recent Raves for Tap~Root
Free “Trends in Functional Foods” Forum
I’ll be part of an online panel focused on “Trends in Functional Foods” on June 30 at 11:30 a.m. Eastern. Organized by Nutraingredients USA, we’ll be discussing the competitive nature of the dietary supplement and functional food markets, the different expectations of consumers in these markets, market trends, regulatory considerations, success stories and more. The panel also includes:
• Jason Sapsin, a former Associate Chief Counsel of the US-FDA and current Fox Rothschild attorney working in the FDA regulatory, intellectual property and life sciences practices
• Jeff Hilton, Chief Marketing Officer at BrandHive, and a longtime public relations and brand development consultant in the natural products and foods businesses.
• Kantha Shelke, a principal with the Chicago-based food product consulting firm, CorvusBlue.
The registration link is not yet live, but I’ll be sending everyone on my email list the link when it becomes available.
New Advisory Role With DianaPlantSciences
DianaPlantSciences, a natural ingredients company focused on nutritional applications of plant cell culture technology, has formed its first Science Advisory Board. I’m honored to have been chosen as one of the five inaugural board members.
Based in Portland, Oregon, DianaPlantSciences is a company of the DIANA Group, a $500 million global natural ingredients company.
Watch for My Article on Enzymes in “Natural Products Insider”
Are you wondering what’s making enzymes the newest up and coming of the natural products industry? Learn more about this rising star in my Natural Products Insider article on enzymes, scheduled to come out later this summer.
Recent Raves for Tap~Root
I’m pleased to share this recent feedback from a client:
“Risa Schulman has been a great partner in bringing our product to market. Her logical, thoughtful, and consistent manner is well grounded in regulatory experience and a love for communicating scientific and clinical concepts. One of the most helpful aspects was her mentorship as I learned to perform a first-pass regulatory review with more objective criteria. I truly have enjoyed working with her and hope that I continue to have the opportunity to do so.”Kehl Sink, Program Director, BioPharmX, Inc.