Captivating, clear, and inspiring scientific talks for your company or conference
Looking for a speaker to deliver relevant, results-driving material? Speakers from Tap~Root have informed and educated both science and non-science groups for over 20 years.
Risa Schulman, PhD is available to help you define your communications strategy, train non-scientific staff, and present your message at events and conferences.
- Claims Substantiation Master Class at the ACI Legal, Regulatory and Compliance Forum on Dietary Supplements, June 2018
- “Trust begins with ethical claims you can proudly stand behind” Risa Schulman is a guest on Daniel Lohman’s Podcast series Brand Secrets & Strategies, January 2018.
- Tackling Weight Management with Nutrition workshop at Supply Side West expo September 2017
- Ingredient Claims Confusion, Engredea Webinar, June 2016
- Sizing up the Dark Side: An overview of the NBJ Dark Issue, Nutrition Business Journal, March 2016
- What are the Hottest Trends in Functional Foods? Nutra-Ingredients USA Trends in Functional Foods Forum, online panel discussion, June 2014.
- Innovation Without a Home: Pharma-grade Science in a Restrictive Regulatory Environment, NEXT Innovation Summit, 2014.
- Practical Claims Design: You Know the Regs – Now What Do You Do?, Engredea, 2013
- Read Nutrition Industry Executive‘s coverage of “Practical Claims Design,” talk at Engredea 2013
- Class is in Session: Natural Products for Newbies, from Entrepreneur to Pharma Entrant, Nutracon, 2013.
- Skin Regenerating Active Produced from Rosa Dedifferentiated Cell Culture. Oral presentation for the colloquium: Nutraceuticals in the 21st century: identification, production, and demonstration of efficacy and safety. World Congress on In Vitro Biology, June 3-7, 2012.
- How Did They Do It? Success Factors Of Three Industry Icons, Nutracon, 2012
- Careers Outside of Academia: Career Pathway Series. 3-part Webinar for Association of Women in Science (AWIS), 2011.
- Medicinal Plant Extracts as Cosmetic Active Ingredients: Responsible Use of Medicinal Plants for Cosmetics. American Society of Horticultural Science Annual Conference, September 25–28, 2011.
- Cocoa Flavanols Benefits Uncovered, Ice Cream Technology Conference, 2008
- Media pieces for NBC’s Healthology, consumer education on topics in nutrition, 2006-2009
- Breakthrough Findings in Pomegranate Juice Research, American Association of Naturopathic Physicians Annual Meeting, August 2005.
- Recent Advances in Pomegranate Juice and the Corporation as the Locus of Multidisciplinary Preventative Medicine Research, International Conference on Mechanisms of Actions of Nutraceuticals, Invited Lecturer, November 2004.
- Antioxidants and Pomegranates Demystified, Medical Advances for the Practicing Dentist, Scripps Clinic, Invited Lecturer, May 2004.
- Pomegranate Juice: A Powerful Way to Make a Difference, Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine, Invited Lecturer, December 2003.
- Health Benefits of Pomegranate Juice, American Dietetic Association Annual Meeting, October 2003.
- Health Benefits of Pomegranate Juice, American Association of Family Practitioners Annual Meeting, October 2003.
- Health Benefits of Pomegranate Juice, Pri-Med, Boston, November 2003.
- Quarterly seminar series on nutritional supplements, Solgar Vitamins, 2000-2002.
How to create a successful business. Interview after Nutracon Conference
Engreda Conference WrapUp
click to read the Engredea WrapUp
Risa Schulman, Ph.D., a seasoned writer and speaker, holds a Ph.D. in Plant Biology from Rutgers University, a Masters of Environmental Science from Yale University and a Bachelors of Science from Tufts University.