Our Global Kitchen
There is a wonderful special exhibit going on right now at one of my favorite places in the world — The American Museum of Natural History in NY.
It’s called Our Global Kitchen.
There you can see:
• How foods travel across the world to get to our table
• The average amount different families from around the world spend on food, and a tower showing the amount of food a person wastes in a year
• The science of taste and smell, complete with interactive cooking and aroma workshops
• Set tables with a typical meal of various famous people throughout the ages, like Genghis Kahn, Jane Austin, a caveman, a modern athlete
• Flow charts of the hybrids that have made modern food
• The different foods used in celebrations around the world
For those of you who will be at Supply Side next week it’s an excellent field trip, not too far from the Javits Center!